Best Shop Vacuums
A shop vac is a great tool to have in your garage and on a job site to help you in removing dust, dirt, and wet messes of all kinds. Shop vacs are perfect for dry and wet situations allowing you to clean your surface with ease. Another benefit of purchasing the best shop vac is that they are powerful and easy to use. Unlike other vacs on the market, these models are constructed with high-quality materials making them ideal for everyday heavy-duty use. They are perfect for cleaning large space within the shortest time possible.
Today there are many shop vacs on the market. This makes it hard for consumers to pick the right choice. To help you in making an informed decision, we have listed the best shop vacs available in Amazon. Go through each of the reviews, compare the features, and pick the model that suits your needs perfectly.
1. Vacmaster VBB1210 Vacuum Review
Vacmaster is a popular brand in the vacuum cleaner industry, known for providing high-quality vacuum cleaners that last for a long time. The Vacmaster VBB1210 is one of the highest quality vacs from this manufacturer that is designed for handling heavy duty cleaning on a daily base. This makes it a perfect choice for people who would want to clean large surfaces effectively. Here are some of the benefits that come with this model.
· Durable performance
One of the features that make this product to stand out is the durable performance. Garages, shops, and other commercial spaces often have large messes that need to be cleaned regularly to make the place look tidy. This is why the Vacmaster VBV1210 is constructed with high-quality materials, making it sturdy for everyday use. The model also comes with a heavy-duty caster that withstands repeated use without any difficulty.
· Has a blower and vacuum function
This vac comes with two modes that make it easier for you to clean large spaces with ease. You can simply convert it from a dry/wet vac to a detachable blower in less than 5 seconds. The wet/dry function means that it tackles both dry and wet messes with ease.
· Efficient cleaning
Another reason why you may consider purchasing this vac is that it allows you to get the cleaning job done quickly and effectively. It is hard to find a vac that matches the performance of this model. Featuring a five peak HP motor that has the ability to blow air to 210MPH, this model will leave the surface spotless within a short time.
· Easy to use
This model is also extremely easy to use. This makes a perfect choice for both beginners and advanced users. It comes with comfortable handles, a large gallon tank, and heavy-duty canister, making it easy to use. Additionally, this lightweight model comes with an ergonomic design making it easy to operate, carry, empty, and transport.
· Powerful suction
You will also love the powerful suction that allows you to work on multiple surfaces with ease. This vac will work well on both bare floors and carpeted areas. Additionally, this model has a silent operation meaning that you will not disturb other workers while cleaning.
The Vacmaster VBV1210 is a heavy-duty vac that comes with everything that you may be looking for a powerful, efficient, and reliable vacuum. People also prefer this model as it is useful in taking care of both big and small cleaning needs in a quick and efficient manner. This is a great choice for anyone looking for a durable model to clean a garage, large house, shop and other areas where you have to deal with large messes.
2. Shop Vac 5986000 Review
The Shop Vac 5986000 is a great vac for all your vacuuming needs. This model gives you a thorough cleaning surface on all types of floors as it easy to move from bare floors to carpets This is an ideal choice for individuals who would want to clean their basement, garage, your shop, office and other job sites. Here are the benefits that come with using Shop Vac 5986000.
· Powerful performance
One of the most crucial features to look when finding a reliable vacuum is its power. If you pick a model with a weak motor, it means it will struggle when cleaning a large amount of dirt. Fortunately, the Shop Vac 5986000 features a very powerful motor that sucks all the debris, dirt, and wet mess quickly. The model also comes with a rear blower port where it is easy to attach a hose and transform the vac into a blower. The powerful motor boosts the performance of the blower, allowing the user to clean large space within no time.
· High-quality tank
Unlike other vacs that come with a plastic canister, this model comes with a stainless steel tank. This tank has the ability to withstand daily wear and tear effectively, without sacrificing its performance. Additionally, this tank has a large capacity allowing you to store all the dry and wet mess without having to empty it constantly in between the cleaning sessions. Moreover, the stainless steel tank gives this vac a stylish and modern look.
· High-quality filters
Another feature that makes this product to stand out is the high-quality filter. Featuring a cartridge filter and a disposable filter bag, this model will improve the quality of the indoor air. A bad filter leaves the indoor air full of dust and allergens. This model comes with an excellent filter that picks small particles of dust and allergens in the air, making it a perfect choice for people with allergy sensitivities. Moreover, the large disposable filter bag allows for hygienic emptying as well as ensuring that the dust and debris are not thrown around the room.
· Powerful suction
The model comes with a powerful motor that allows for a powerful suction that is effective in dealing with a large amount of dirt and large debris. You can also use it for deep cleaning your carpets.
The model also comes with ergonomic handles and lightweight design making it easy to move from one place to the other.
If you are looking for a high performing shop vac, then this is a perfect choice. This 5-gallon vac has all the features that are crucial for all your cleaning tasks, ensuring that you can clean your home, garage shop, or office with ease.
Purchasing the right shop vac for your needs allows you to have an easier time while cleaning the mess. Regardless of your specific needs, using any of the listed best shop vacs will help you in achieving your cleaning demands easily. Good luck!
If you are looking for a Great Mower: Take a look: Best Self Propelled Lawn Mower
If you want an Electric Lawn Mower
Best Lawn Mowers Offered By Home Depot
Home Depot is one of the most popular stores today which offers quality home improvement products and services. From kitchen appliances to home furniture, Home Depot has everything you need to make your home a palace. But one thing that will grab your attention whenever you visit any Home Depot store is the wide selection of lawn mowers they offer. They have all kinds of lawn mowers you need including walk-behind mowers and ride-on mowers.
Home Depot Lawn mowers are known to be durable and quite effective in trimming your garden to make it look beautiful and healthy. In this article, we shall look at the top two Home Depot lawn mowers and their specific features to help you make an informed decision before buying one.
1. The Toro 30 Inch TimeMaster Self-Propelled Gas Lawn Mower with Electric Start
If you need a mower which is high quality, has user-friendly design and excellent mulching capability, then you need to try this wonderful mower. It’s a sophisticated self-propelled lawn mower which helps you mow your garden at your own pace. The Toro TimeMaster 30-inch Mower features a 190cc Briggs & Stratton OHV engine making it an incredibly powerful mower for various terrains. This engine is a ready to start thus the user doesn’t need to prime or choke the engine to start the mower.
The Toro TimeMaster 30-inch features a 30-inch steel deck coupled with dual force twin blade cutting system which can reduce the mowing time by up to 40%. This makes it able to cut grass into fine clippings for mulching while leaving a clean, professional cut.
It has a Spin-stop blade stop system for stopping the blade when needed. The interesting part of this Spin-Stop feature is that it doesn’t stop the engine when engaged so you don’t have to worry about restarting the engine. This mower also features an electric start thus you don’t need to pull a recoil cord to start the engine. What you need to do is to simply turn the key and begin mowing your garden.
With this mower’s 3-in-1 cutting system, you can choose to mulch, bag or side discharge the grass clippings. Mulching will add nutrients to your lawn th
us saving you on fertilizer.
The most interesting thing that
will make you love this mower is the personal pace self-propel system. It can sense your walking pace and smoothly adjust the mower’s speed especially on rough terrains. Another interesting feature of this mower is the washout port where you can attach
a hose pipe to wash the underside of the deck. Apart from its high price, this mower is simply amazing.
2. The EGO LM2101 21-Inch Push Lawn Mower
The EGO LM2101 also features a 3-in-1 cutting system to give you an option to choose between mulching, side discharging, and bagging of the grass clippings. This mower comes with a 21-inch deck making it possible to trim a wide surface area at once thus reducing the overall time and energy you will spend to finish the job.
The EGO LM2101 deck is rust-resistant to make it withstand all weather conditions while in the perfect condition. This, of course, makes it durable than many other mowers in the market.
The EGO battery takes approximately 40 minutes to charge and 45 minutes cut time to make you mow up to 2 miles with a single charge. You don’t have to worry about environment pollution with this gas powered mower as it neither produces noise or fumes. Therefore, it will give you a piece of mind while mowing your garden making you finish the job faster.
Overall, this mower is built for all people. It is light-weight and easy to maneuver even on rough terrains. You will not worry about constant maintenance with this best self propelled lawn mower as it’s built with durable and long lasting materials which are rust resistant.
How to Plant Grass Seed on Dirt
Do not sow seeds on bare areas that are packed down hard and smooth in the Midwest during March. These areas should be loosened four or five inches deep, pulverized (and raked even before seeding. Grass seeds sown on snow are usually wasted unless the ground was prepared for accommodating the seeds before the snow arrived.
The quantity of seed to be sown should be divided and half was sown in one direction and half in the opposite direction to obtain an even distribution. The entire seeded area should be raked lightly to cover as many seeds as possible. A light top dressing of screened mushroom soil will cover the seeds and produce a condition favorable for germination and growth. Mushroom soil can be obtained from local soil service companies. If you are planning to learn how to plant grass seed on dirt, follow these few simple steps for best results:
A light rolling is important to give the seed close contact with soil particles in order to hasten germination. It frequently happens that the first two or three weeks in March are so snowy and rainy that the soil is never in the proper condition for raking. When this condition exists, rather than wait too long for spring seeding, seeds may be sown and later given a light top dressing with prepared compost or mushroom soil just as soon as it is dry enough to use.
Filling Low Spots
The leveling or smoothing of rough, uneven lawns should not be attempted by means of a heavy roller. If the soil were moist enough to level by this method, it would be so compacted that grass could not thrive. A better method for smoothing would be by an application of top soil to low, uneven places. In areas of a considerable size where a fill of more than half an inch is needed, it will probably be necessary to cut and lift the sod, make the fill and re-lay the sod, since too deep a covering on the grass may smother it out. Old, established lawns will, of course, tolerate a heavier top dressing than will young grass. Lawns which were seeded last fall should be rolled lightly to firm down young plants which may have been heaved by alternate freezing and thawing. Continue this as needed.
Grasses are comparatively shallow rooted plants and therefore tend to exhaust this upper layer of soil of certain plant foods, especially nitrates. Therefore, the proper addition of suitable fertilizer is essential to the success of the lawn. Instead of supplying fertilizer, the general tendency is to sow more seeds where other seeds already have starved.
When fertilizer is used only once a year, better results usually are obtained by fall rather than spring application. Bluegrass thrives in cool, moist weather, and if seeding and fertilizing are done in the fall, the plants will become established and be in much better condition to meet summer weed competition, than when the work is done in spring. If fertilizer is used in the spring, it should be put on early to stimulate any bluegrass seed for optimum growth as much as possible before the annual lawn weeds germinate.
Water the seeds: It's important to water the bed often to facilitate germination. Try not to saturate the bed with water, but water it lightly and frequently until the new grass is at least 2 inches tall. Keep on watering the new grass regularly to keep the roots moist and get enchanted by the beauty of your new lawn.
Fertilizers put on in May tend to encourage crabgrass. Best results under most conditions have been obtained from the use of commercial fertilizers which have the greater percentage of their nitrogen content in the organic form. The efficiency of commercial organic fertilizers which may be relatively low in nitrogen is frequently improved by the addition of ammonium sulfate, a soluble fertilizer high in nitrogen which acts as a quick stimulant for grass.
The organic form is more slowly available and tends to continue the supply of food after the soluble fertilizer has done its part. The higher the plant food content of a fertilizer the less required per area. Commercial organic fertilizers are usually applied by means of a mechanical spreader at the rate of 1000 pounds per acre or approximately 100 pounds per 4000 square feet.
How to Reseed Bare Patches of Your Lawn
If you’re interested in improving the look and health of your lawn, you may want to consider reseeding the bare patches of your lawn. Reseeding a lawn can also be done to increase the value a home in case the homeowner intends to sell it in future. The fact is that when your lawn is in a good shape, it usually adds a significant curb of appeal to your home. This will attract potential buyers and also increase the selling price. But the question is, “how exactly do you reseed a lawn?” This article will take you step by step on how to do it to put your lawn back into shape.
If you want to reseed your lawn, the best time to do it is in the last months of summer of during spring when the weather is neither too hot nor too cold. This is because very high or low ground temperatures can significantly affect the thriving of the grass. Before you begin the process of reseeding, you should make sure you identify the cause of the patches. If the cause is pests, you should first eliminate them. After this, you can now follow the following steps to reseed your lawn.
1. The first step is to thoroughly remove all the weeds, debris, and dead grass from the areas where you would like to reseed. This trash can prevent your seeds from growing or thriving.
2. The second step is to aerate the soil. This is done by digging approx. 6 inches on the particular areas to break the soil and the soil crumbs.
3. The third step is to improve the fertility of the areas by mixing the soil with a quality top soil. This will hasten the growth of the seeds and keep them healthy. Then, level the soil with a rake to make the areas in uniform with other areas.
4. The fourth step is to apply your seeds in a thin layer over the areas. You can do this together with fertilizer but make sure it’s not a pre-emergent fertilizer as it can hinder their growth.
5. The fifth step is to mulch the particular areas to cover the seeds. This helps to soil to retain moisture and also protects the seeds from birds.
6. The sixth step to water the area well. The seeds cannot grow without water.
7. Next, continue watering the area regularly preferably once or twice a day depending on the weather. Remember the aim is to keep the soil moist not flooded with water.
8. After some days, new grass with establish. When this happens, you can apply some fertilizer to boost the soil fertility. When the new grass has grown by about a third of your mowing height, you can now include the areas in your mowing routine.
9. Lastly, continue monitoring the new grass for the rest of the season to make sure no problems will arise.
By following these steps, your lawn will look beautiful again and continue being the envy of your neighbors.
Take a look at our other posts:
Best Smallest Leaf Blowers for the Money
[caption id="attachment_168" align="alignleft" width="300"] Smallest Leaf Blowers versus Large Leaf Blowers[/caption]
Small and convenient leaf blowers are a necessary staple in any house these days.
Whether you want to use it outside or inside the house for blowing leaves, targeting dust bunnies under the couch and corners, etc.
Having a practical small and portable leaf blower is now a must!
Amongst hundreds of the smallest leaf blowers being advertised (which include gas, corded and battery-powered) we have selected those with the best reviews overall to be featured below.
Leaf blowers come in various sizes: but in this article, we will review the small handheld ones which save space and can be stored easily.
When choosing the best small leaf blower, you need to keep in mind that a small leaf blower can be very useful in both Summer and Winter because it can also be used inside the house, where the bigger blowers would be too bulky and possibly too powerful to get the job done.
Picking the best leaf blower will mainly revolve around your needs first. Concentrating on all the relevant features that suit your needs best. Speed, convenience, and price are the most important consideration and for this purpose. The best small, handheld blowers are gas powered.
[caption id="attachment_169" align="alignright" width="300"] Large leaf blower[/caption]
They are the fastest way to rid your garden from leaves quickly. You can also opt for cordless electric blowers which are less powerful than gas ones with limited running time but are lightweight and easy to transport and store.
Here are a few tips to get you started on the way to choosing the best leaf blower for your home:
· Extra Hand Grip:
When opting for a small, handheld model, make sure it has a second grip so you can control the blower easily by distributing its weight.
· Nozzle Design:
You can choose a flat or round nozzle; some models have both. The flatter tip is better for sweeping leaves and a rounder one is good for uprooting leaves embedded in the grass.
· Speed control:
Different speeds of even the smallest leaf blower can let you choose between higher powers for sweeping on hard surfaces and less intense speeds to protect your precious flower beds.
· On/off switch:
A convenient on or off switch will enable you to easily shut the motor or engine.
The Best Small Leaf Blower Overall: Worx WG591
The Worx WG591 Lithium-Ion leaf blower is one of the best smallest products available in the market, reflected by hundreds of reviews posted by satisfied customers online:
Here are some of its features that will certainly blow you away:
· Price: $200 – it is much lower than other small leaf blowers available in the market
· Airspeed: 125 miles per hour
· Volts: 56
· Test performance: It can clear 6 cubic feet of hay from a 400 square foot lawn area in only 32 seconds! It also performed admirably in sliding a brick over concrete for about 15 inches when it blows air from a static position!
· Weight: 8 pounds only!
This mini-powerhouse has an outstanding power-to-weight ratio that gives it more productivity; it can even clean whatever is left behind by other blowers! It is therefore ideal for removing debris from anywhere in the house, from driveways, patios or a deck. Its biggest advantage is its use of lithium-ion batteries run at constant power throughout their life.
The combination of the powerful 56-volt, lithium-ion battery with a high-efficiency motor enables the Worx WG591 to perform on a similar scale to any other gas-powered handheld leaf blower. It weighs only 8 pounds along with the benefit of rechargeable battery so you can carry it around with ease without any hassle!
The Small Smart-Leaf Blower: Kobalt 419016
· Price: $249
· Airspeed: 125 miles per hour
· Volts: 80
· Test performance:
It can clear 6 cubic feet of hay from a 400 square foot lawn area in 32 seconds and slide a brick over concrete for 24 inches.
· Weight: 9.5 pounds only!
It has three airspeed settings which give you more options for adjustment. The best part about this small leaf blower is that it is much quieter than others; it sounds more like a vacuum than a blower.
A battery saving feature turns the blower off after 1 minute of inactivity. After you turn it on again it will automatically resume at the previous setting which is highly convenient for consumers.
Remember, whichever small leaf blower you pick should suit your needs and your home. Also, please consider your environment: check your town’s noise regulations but in any case avoid using them very early or late and of course, protect yourself and your loved ones.
Check out other Lawn Tools:
Best Lawn Care Service Near You
Reviews of All Wheel Drive Lawn Mowers
Having a beautiful, lush and green lawn is a dream of every homeowner. However, such kind of a lawn is not heaven –sent. You must invest your time, money and energy in it to be like that. One of the activities that you can do to achieve a beautiful lawn which draws everyone’s attention is to trim it regularly. Purchasing a good lawn mower is therefore necessary. In this article, we shall review the top two all-wheel lawn mowers that can make your dream come true;
Husqvarna 961450029 HU800AWDX Honda
1. Husqvarna 961450029 features a powerful 190cc Honda GSV engine capable of handling heavy duty applications. The engine gives the mower a very high traction power making it suitable for cutting thick wet grass. The GSV engine uses less power and produces minimal noise.
2. Has All-wheel drive system. The all-wheel technology can power all wheels simultaneously hence making it for any user to maneuver and control the mower.
3. The Husqvarna 961450029 can save you time and energy owing to its 22 inches blade which can cut more grass for a short period of time.
4. Another advantage of Husqvarna 961450029 is that you don’t have to stop the engine when you find an object or debris on your way or when you want to empty the rear bag. You can just do this by pulling the blade brake which stops the spinning.
4. This mower has a 3-in1 cutting system which can allow you to bag, discharge and mulch the cut grass clippings. Mulching can add nutrients to your garden thus saving you on fertilizer to a great extent. By bagging the grass clippings, you can leave your lawn clean and tidy.
5. The Husqvarna 961450029 also features a Deck Wash which you can connect to a hose pipe to clean the underside of the mower deck. This is also a time-saving feature.
6. The Husqvarna 961450029 cutting deck has a 9 position height adjustments which can help you cut your cut to your desired height. You can also cut weeds and overgrowths.
7. Has large ball bearing 11-inch rear wheels which allow for easy maneuverability on any terrain. They also ensure smooth operation and durability of the machine.
9. Lastly, this mower has an ergonomic handle which can allow the user to easily adjust the height of the deck and also to control the mower with little effort.
Husqvarna 961450029 is very expensive. This is the only notable disadvantage about this mower. It retails at a whopping $625 on Amazon which is uneconomical for some homeowners.
This is another great 4WD lawn mower manufactured by Husqvarna. It features a 190cc GCV engine, 3-in1 cutting system and has high rear wheels which provide you with maximum balance and power when operating on rough or hilly terrains. With this Husqvarna HU800AWDH, you cut any grass height as it features a 22-inch heavy duty cutting deck which is made of steel. The 3-in 1 cutting capability of this self-propelled mower can allow you to mulch, bag, or side discharge the grass clippings. Also, it comes with a side-bumper which rakes the grass while mulching thus giving you a clean trim. Additionally, this gas powered mower has a premium grip control enabling the user to mulch comfortably and with much ease. Lastly, its premium wheels and rugged tread tires give the mower maximum traction without damaging your grass.
Husqvarna HU800AWDH has several advantages which make it stand out from its competitors. Let’s have a look at them;
1. It has a powerful premium Honda 190cc GCV engine which is powered by gas. The engine is easy to start and designed in such a way that it can last longer while cutting and mulching your grass efficiently and in the long run, saving you money.
2. It features a 3-in1 cutting system. Husqvarna HU800AWDH has a 3-in 1 cutting system giving the user three options to choose from. These are bagging, mulching, and side-discharging the cut grass clippings. With bagging, you will be able to leave your garden or lawn tidy while mulching the grass will add fertilizer to your lawn making your grass lush and green always.
3. All-wheel drive system. The Husqvarna 961450021 is manufactured with four-wheel drive technology which ensures maximum traction on any type of terrain, whether, wet, hilly, rough, sloppy, or slippery. This modern technology can provide simultaneous power to all the four wheels of the mower giving you optimum balance while using the mower. Also, the four wheel drive technology allows this mower to be used on small to medium size gardens whether the terrain is hilly or rough.
4. It is self-propelled. The Husqvarna 961450021 has a self-propelled feature which makes it easy to push, and also easy to control its pace. This will definitely save your time and energy in mowing your garden.
5. 12-inches high rear wheels. The 12-inch rear wheels of Husqvarna 961450021increase its stability and makes it easy to maneuver on various terrains. This makes it easy for you to mulch the grass whether at home or in commercial places.
6. Ball bearing wheels. The Husqvarna 961450021 comes with ball bearing 8-inch front and 12-inch rear wheels for easy and fast movement on various terrains.
7. 22-inch steel deck. This mower has a heavy duty steel deck which is very strong and durable. It can withstand harsh weather conditions.
8. Husqvarna 961450021 has 3-position height adjustments. You can cut the grass down to your desired height by adjusting the deck in three positions.
9. Lastly, it features a water hose connection. This feature facilitates easy washing of the underside of the deck after mowing.
The Husqvarna 961450021 is a great lawn mower and has few disadvantages including;
1. It’s expensive. The mower is pricey compared to many self-propelled mowers on the market, going for $529 on Amazon. However, this mower is worth to buy owing to its great features. You will be actually compensated for this initial cost in the long run.
2. It doesn’t mulch well. The mulching capability of the Husqvarna 961450021 is not up to the par. It may leave some grass clippings on its side while mulching.
The Bottom Line
The Husqvarna 961450021 and Husqvarna 961450029 are powerful and efficient lawn mowers that feature common great features such as all-wheel technology, 3-in1 cutting system, deck wash, and powerful 190cc engine. The two lawn mowers are suitable for various terrains and have high stability and maneuverability. Although both are expensive, you will be compensated by their durability, efficiency, and great features.
Best Lawn Care Service Nearest You
Having a lush and green lawn is a pride of every homeowner. A well-maintained lawn accentuates the aesthetic value of a house making it look more attractive. Also, a beautifully manicured lawn will add value to a home in case the owner wants to sell it in future.
However, achieving this type of a garden is no joke. It requires a lot of hard work, time and money to make it look green and healthy. You have to maintain the grass at the right height and make it pest and weed free. A good lawn also needs to be level without bumps, humps, dips, molehills, or hollows and have a constant supply of nutrients and water.
Hiring a Lawn Care Service Near Me
Performing all lawn care tasks may be tedious and hectic for busy homeowners and that’s why many of them choose to hire lawn care services. These services are provided by professionals who are trained in developing and maintaining lawns and gardens. The services include mowing, aerating, renovation, pest control and fertilizing.
Why Should I Hire a Lawn Care Service Near Me?
There are several benefits of hiring professional lawn care service providers to take care of your lawn. They include:
1. Lawn Care Professionals are Experts- If you think that grass is a weed and can grow naturally to your expectations, you’re wrong. You have to take care it so that it can grow healthy. However, maintaining it will require some knowledge and skills which many homeowners lack. Now, this is where lawn care professionals come in handy. They have all the knowledge, skills and experience to take care of your lawn and make it the envy of your neighbors.
2. You will save a lot of time. It is true that lawn care maintenance is very time consuming and hectic. You will have to sacrifice a lot of your time to trim the grass to your desired height especially if the lawn is large. Imagine spending several hours working on your lawn instead of taking that time to relax on it or utilizing the time to work on other tasks! This doesn’t make sense. If you hire, lawn care services, they will do it for you. They will make it even more beautiful for relaxing with your family.
3. You will not only save time but also money. This isn’t a joke. Many would think than hiring these professionals is more expensive than doing it yourself, but this is not the case. When you calculate the total cost of the fertilizers, pesticides, equipment and labor needed to maintain your lawn, you will realize that it’s higher than hiring a professional. Then, why would you waste money by doing it yourself? Don’t you need to save some dollars for that picnic or tour your wife or child has been insisting on?
4. Professionals can foresee some problems and stop them before they happen. You may not have the experience of seeing signs of problems like weeds, diseases, or pests which lawn care professionals have. They will see the signs early enough to stop them from harming your grass thus saving you time and money you will spend if they occur.
5. Lastly, a professionally maintained lawn will add value to your house if you plan to sell the house in future. Potential home buyers first look at your home compound before deciding how much to give you for the house. Professional lawn care services make sure that your lawn is appealing to the buyers’ eyes thus increasing the selling price.
These are some of the many benefits you will get by hiring a professional lawn care expert. However, to reap all the benefits, you need to hire the best lawn care company near you. The demand for lawn care services has taken a big leap in many states thus leading a sprout of many lawn care companies. Whilst these companies have experienced staff, there are still some which deliver poor services. Thus, you should make sure that the company you hire is worthy enough.
How do I Hire the Best Lawn Care Service near Me?
If you want to hire the best lawn care services near you, you have to check some factors. These include;
1. Track Record and Reputation. Good companies are always reputable and have good track record. While asking your friends and relatives can prove helpful to know the reputation of the company’s services, it may not be effective enough like searching online. When you browse the company’s website, you will find a review section where customers give their feedback. This is the right place to know how their customers feel about them. You should run away from a company with many negative reviews and choose the one with many satisfied customers. Check the Better Business Bureau to check if there’re any complaints raised against the company. Also, check if the company violated any rules and regulation of your state’s pesticide regulatory agency.
2. License and Insurance. Many states require every lawn care company to be licensed by the proper body. A licensed company will most likely be reputable and provide good services. Also, a good lawn care company is insured to protect you in case something goes wrong.
3. Professional Lawn Care Association Membership. If the company in question is a member of a professional lawn care association like the National Association of Landscape Professionals, it’s most likely up to date with the latest products, methods, and equipment of taking care of a lawn. Prove this by asking them to provide a certificate.
4. Ask the kind of pesticides they will use in your lawn and the why use those that particular pesticides. The pesticides should be approved and registered by the Environmental Protection Agency. You can prove this by checking whether they have an EPA registration number on their labels.
5. Well Understood Contract. Lastly, the company you intend to hire should provide you with a written contract with the estimate and time they will maintain your lawn, they should clearly explain to use the services included and those excluded. A written estimate will make sure that you’re not a victim of additional fees which may be added.
Get that beautiful lawn you’ve been dreaming of by hiring a professional lawn care company. Their professional services will save you time and money plus make your lawn the envy of your neighbors. A reputable, licensed, insured, and certified company will give you this opportunity. Do your search well before making your decision.
Starting a Riding Lawn Mower
When looking for the best piece of equipment to keep your lawn up to snuff, many people would suggest a Gas lawn mower for its ease of use and the job that they do at cutting. This is a good alternative if your garden is fairly small and you enjoy doing the odd spot here and there.
But if your garden is large, or you need to cut a commercial sized field, then a riding mower would be a better-suited alternative. With a much wider cutting deck available to use, riding lawn mowers are designed for bigger spaces because the cutting deck is normally 25-32 inches. This size can increase, but if you were to go higher you'd be left with a tractor.
Reasons to Choose a Riding Mower
Even though riding lawn mowers may significantly more expensive than push mowers, they come with a number of advantages. Needless to say, when you make use of a riding lawn mower, you will have to put in less physical effort. At the same time, these mowers often tend to cut faster and have fewer stall outs. As an added bonus, you are also likely to find that a riding lawn mower will last much longer than a push mower.
If you give it some thought, you may be surprised to find that a riding mower's cost about the same price as a push mower in the long run. While some mowers may last as long as 10 years, most end up being useless within 3 years. On the other hand, when you buy a riding mower, it may last as long as 15 years with a minimal amount of maintenance. Since these machines are far more durable, you are also likely to find that you will not need to change as many parts.
Individuals that have large lawns to take care of usually find that a riding mower will meet their needs better than a push mower. While your initial investment may be a bit higher, at least you can look forward to years of reliable service, and an opportunity to cut the time spent on yard work by a good amount. At the very least, if you are planning on buying a new mower this year, you should not automatically take riding mowers off your list.
Operating a Riding Mower
Before you learn how to start a riding lawn mower, it’s necessary that you understand that some important safe measures.
Here are some tips when using a riding mower that you should follow:
1. Safety goggles are highly recommended. Not only can dust and grass clippings irritate the eyes but also small stones and other debris may be flung from the blades, and if you're unfortunate enough to get one in the eye it will cause serious damage and even blinding.
2. Stones can be thrown out of the machine at high speeds, so wear appropriate clothing. Wearing shorts, for example, is not recommended, even if you have to cut the lawn in the summer sun - a flying stone can cause serious cuts.
3. Ear Muffs for some riding mowers are recommended. Although modern mowers are designed specifically to reduce as much noise as possible if you are going to be using your mower for a sustained period of time it might pay to invest in them - your lawn isn't worth damaging your hearing over!
4. Most injuries could easily be prevented if riding mower operator's wore sensible shoes. Never operate a machine in bare feet, or even sandals. Sounds obvious, doesn't it ?!?
5. Long hair and loose items could be tucked away or tied back. Not only can the hair distract you from your job but more to the point it could get stuck in the mechanics of the machine and cause a rather nasty injury.
6. If you have sweaty palms or you are using the machine in wet conditions it's advisable to wear gloves as this will help you grip the steering wheel and maintain better control at all times.
7. If you are going to be using the mower for a long time in the summer (better than using it in the winter!) then pop a hat on your head and some sunscreen on your arms.
8. Make sure that the adjustable sitting position is correct for you. Ensure you are comfortable and can easily reach all the controls.
9. If you are lucky enough to have a drink holder on your mower use it and stay hydrated!
10. Always wear the seat belt - the last thing you want to do is fall out of a moving riding mower.
How to Start the Mower
Now that you have learned the above safety basics, you should know how to start this kind of mower. The following are the steps to follow.
1. Sit comfortably on the seat. Using your left foot, press the clutch lever on the left side of the mower. After this, slide the parking brake to the right side of your mower.
2. The next step is to move the gear shift lever into neutral position and ensure that the blade control lever is disengaged.
3. Slide the throttle lever of the mower between the fast and slow position.
4. Start the ignition switch using the ignition key. This is done by turning the key to the right. After starting the ignition, ensure that the engine is cracked for 15 seconds. The engine should start right away after this time.
5. After the engine starts, push back the choke knob of the machine and slide the throttle to the faster position. Allow the engine to warm up before you begin enjoying your ride as you mow the grass.
As you have read, riding mowers are very efficient especially for a large lawn. They are easy to use and usually cut the grass faster compared to Front Wheel Self Propelled Lawn Mowers. Just like any other mower, a riding mower will need regular repairs if it breaks down. You can fix some of the repairs yourself but if they're complicated, don't hesitate to take to a mechanic.
Fixing Your Self Propelled Lawn Mower
Every homeowner wants to keep your lawn healthy, green and lush all season long. Your lawn mower is an important part of maintaining your lawn's overall health and appeal. An overgrown grass in your lawn can spoil the beauty of your home and also can act as breeding ground for insects. Also, overgrown grass can attract a lot of weeds which depletes the soil fertility and prevent your grass from growing further. To prevent this from happen, you should own a lawn mower and properly keep it in good condition.
If you own a self propelled lawn mower, it will require regular repairs when it breaks down. You have two options of repairing this kind of mower. One of the ways is to take it to a professional repair person and the other one is to repair it yourself. The latter is more affordable for most of homeowners. In this article, we shall concentrate on how you can fix your self propelled lawn mower yourself without any need of taking it for servicing.
Common Issues and how to fix them
1. The mower won’t start. A mower can fail to start due to several problems. This can be a drained battery in case of electric mowers, a damaged spark plug or damaged cord in corded mowers.
How to Fix
First, disconnect the spark plug to prevent the engine from starting accidentally. Wipe it clean if you find that it’s clogged with dirt. You will need to replace it if the porcelain is cracked off the electrode is burned off. Ideally, you should replace the spark plug once annually to keep your Mower in good condition.
Your mower can fail to start when the blade control is engaged. Ensure that it’s disengaged and try restarting the mower. Another issue can be the fuel. It may have gone bad if it has stayed in the tank all the winter season without a stabilizer. Remove all of it and replace with another fuel.
In the case of electric mowers, you may want to check whether the battery is dead. If this is the case, recharge it immediately. If it can’t recharge, you will have no other choice other than replacing it. Also, check whether the extension cord is damaged. Replace it with other one and restart your mower.
Another way to fix this issue is to clean the carburetor and the air filters. Check guidance from your manual.
2. The mower is noisy due to too much vibration and the cut is poor.
How to Fix It
Check whether the blade is dirty and remove all the grass clippings from its underside. The blade may be bent or damaged. In this case, replace it. Your blade needs to be sharpened regularly to make it sharp. You should take the mower to a mechanic if the rod, connecting the blade to the motor, is also bent or damaged.
3. The mower moves too slowly and has become a push mower.
How to Fix It
Often, this is caused by a damaged or loose transmission cable. Make sure that the cable is connected firmly at both ends. If it’s damaged, you will have to replace it. This problem can also be solved by lubricating the wheels and drive wheel gears if they are clogged up with dirt or grass clippings.
General maintenance of Self Propelled Lawn Mower
By following the following tips on general maintenance, you will ensure that your lawn mower is working at peak efficiency every time you need to use it.
Keep your lawn mower's blade sharp. A dull blade makes an uneven cut on your lawn and may even damage your grass. In addition, a sharp blade means cutting efficiency and reducing wear and tear on your engine and other parts.
Ensure that the air filter is kept clean and free of dust and dirt. You can usually just shake the air filter out to remove dust and debris. If your air filter has been in use for a while and has a lot of build-up on it, you should replace it immediately. All of your lawn mower's parts work in conjunction with one another so saving money by not replacing an overly dirty air filter will only cost you more in the long run.
Clean the carburetor. Just like your car, your carburetor needs to be looked after. Before removing the carburetor, make sure that the fuel line has been turned off. Once you have the carburetor out, give it a good cleaning so that its floating valve is able to move freely. Then replace the carburetor and turn the fuel line back on.
Check your fuel. In addition to keeping the fuel tank topped up to at least halfway, you will want to replace any gas that was left over from the previous season that did not have a stabilizer added to it.
In addition to keeping the fuel tank topped up and in good shape, you will also want to inspect your fuel line. It is very common to switch your fuel line off at the end of the season so it is easy to forget about it. If your lawn mower is not starting, check this first.
If the engine still does not start, the gas may not be getting to the carburetor. To check this, remove the fuel hose from the carburetor to see if the fuel is flowing through. If it is, you can reconnect the two. If it is not, your fuel line may be plugged or the filter may be blocked.
Check the spark plug. This is one of the most basic things you can do if your lawn mower is not starting or working properly. To check this, detach the wire at the end of the plug before removing it. You will want to ensure that the spark plug is not wet or dirty
Before attempting to fix any issue with your mower, ensure that you follow these safety tips
· Always perform the repairs outdoors.
[ Note: This article is a little early, but still relevant]
With summertime here, that means that autumn is right around the corner. The trees will be changing their leaf color then they will eventually fall to the ground and need to be picked up. What better way to help clean up those falling leaves than with a leaf blower? Traditionally, only landscapers would use the machines, however, in recent years, more and more of the devices are being made smaller so that the "average homeowner" can operate one. They have become lighter and more powerful, using gas, diesel, a mixture of gas and oil (called two-stroke), batteries or electric to power them.
Three types of the blowers exist and they include the backpack type, hand held and "walk behind." Backpack leaf blowers are worn on the back while straps fit around the shoulders to keep the pack from falling. These blowers are best for medium or small jobs. They are run with gas or a mixture fuel and have the ability to reach places others cannot with a nozzle that usually quite flexible, such as in tight spaces under steps.
Hand-held machines are the smallest and lightest of the three types and are usually battery or electric powered, although some gas powered models exist. These typically have a straight plastic hose, so it is not flexible enough to fit into all spaces. The hand-held machines that are electric or battery powered have a limit as to how far they can reach, so using them for smaller jobs is recommended, like a small front yard or a short driveway.
A "walk behind" machine is best for a home or business where there is a large area, such as a parking lot, large yard or driveway to blow. This model typically runs on gas and has blow settings that vary in strength. Additionally, the nozzle can be angled in different directions and the machine can be "driven" on sidewalks and driveways. Many have started to adapt some of the smaller leaf blowers to other activities, such as blowing snow from steps and walkways.
Some varieties of the machines, called leaf blower-vacs, have bags attached to them so the user cannot only blow the leaves and other yard debris into a pile, but he can also vacuum them up into the bag as well. Additionally, the user could vacuum as he goes, picking up the leaves and debris along the way. This is a much easier way of taking care of yard work, since there is no bending and lifting involved that can cause injuries.
Uses for Leaf Blowers:
Of course, the most obvious use for leaf blowers is to corral fallen leaves into a pile. Whether the homeowner cleans them up every few days or waits until they are almost finished to put them in a pile is a matter of personal preference. It also depends on how many and what kind of trees are on the property. When leaves are ankle deep or higher, it is time to break out the leaf blower and put them into a section of the yard or a pile. Some municipalities will go through neighborhoods with a machine that sucks them up from curbside. Others leave it up to the homeowner on how to dispose of them. While autumn is the most prolific time of year for leaves to land in the yard, it is not the only time. Some types of trees, like river birches for example, lose their leaves year-round and cause a constant need to blow them away.
Good Tips for Buying a Leaf Blower
There are numerous factors that are involved in the purchasing of lowes leaf blowers. A number these are just about your choice and preference. However, you need to try and link the tool to the items that you want to do and the amount of work that has to be done. Here are tips that should get you thinking in the correct way:
1. Select a walk behind leaf blower if you have a lot of blowing to do, in particular if you reside in a woodland location and have a lot of land to clear, where the leaves stack up to a depth.
2. Select a backpack blower when you have a fairly large area with quite a lot of leaves to clean up. Backpack leaf blowers are powerful, but comfortable and easy to use due to the way they are made. You can use them for longer periods of time without becoming as tired.
3. Use a hand held blower for light to moderate work where the yard is a reasonable size and you don't have to use the machine for great periods of time. Hand held blowers are quick and easy to operate, but can become heavy after using them for a time.
4. Choose a gas leaf blowers where you need a lot of blowing power and don't mind something that is quite heavy. Gas blowers come is various engine sizes to match your power needs.
5. Select an electric leaf blowers for small yards and light leaf blowing. Electric machines use a power wire and that can restrict the distance that you can reach.
6. Choose cordless leaf blowers for very light work and where you only need to work for about 20 minutes. Some come with 2 batteries which will increase the blowing time. The batteries are rechargeable.
7. Use a blower with a vacuum attachment if you need to collect and bag the leaves rather than just blowing them away. Some tools also have a mulching feature that will shred the leaves and compress them to take up less space.
8. Choose a fast air velocity if you want to break up clumps of wet leaves and move larger objects. The air velocity is measured in MPH and should be taken at the end of the tube.
9. Look at machines that move a lot of air volume if you need to vacuum heavy, damp and big leaves You can check this out by looking at the measurements in cubic feet per minute or CFM.
Check out the last article: Growing a great lawn fast
Check out : http://bestselfpropelledlawnmowers.com